Videos, Slideshows & Links
ADDITIONAL WEB RESOURCES TO encourage independent research. Refer to the grade notebooks to find videos for specific exercises. LEARN ABOUT OCEAN ACIDIFICATION, SHELLFISH AND MARINE RESOURCES!
OCEAN ACIDIFICATION (Kids! click to find fun animations!)
- Shellfish Ecosystem Services - info from Pacific Shellfish Institute 7th grade+
- Encyclopedia of Puget Sound - species and ecology 5th grade+
- Ancient Clam Gardens of Northwest Coast Article+Slideshow 6th grade+
- Clam Garden Network - research on and construction of clam gardens 5th grade+
- Shellfish Identification CLAM ID KEY
- Ebbs and Flows: Diversity of Adaptations Within Intertidal Regions Worldwide 5th Grade +
Clams and Water Quality 5th grade+
This map tool is under development - adding additional shellfish resources to the page.
Click here to see more videos about the Drayton Harbor Community Shellfish farm.
- NOAA Ocean Acidification Program - conducts wide ranging research and monitoring related to OA
- PMEL Carbon Program - Research on OA and pteropods, a keystone shellfish
- Ocean Acidification Around the World: Exploring an emerging environmental and economic issue - story map
- Science on a Sphere - areas of relative human impact on oceans
- GSSC NOAA Webinar
- Science Buddies - Careers in Ocean Acidification
The Shape of Life: Mollusc Explore many videos on phylum Mollusca, any soft-bodied invertebrate of the phylum Mollusca, usually wholly or partly enclosed in a calcium carbonate shell secreted by a soft mantle covering the body, and often possessing a single foot and a radula.