One key lesson we have learned through watersheds it is that we are all connected! Whether you are a student trying to find local organizations to get involved in or teachers trying to find more resources to bring local information into your classroom, this is a page to help connect you with other local projects and organizations. Check out our partners page for more resources.
- Whatcom Marine Resource Committee - The MRCs’ purpose is to guide local communities, using up-to-date information and scientific expertise, to achieve the important goals of resource conservation and habitat protection within the Northwest Straits.
- The Birch Bay Watershed and Aquatic Resources Management District - a stormwater management district established in 2007 to reduce the impacts of stormwater runoff in the Birch Bay Watershed.
- Whatcom Conservation District - Whatcom Conservation District's mission is to assist land managers with their conservation choices.
- Whatcom County Amphibian Monitoring Program
- Lummi Island Heritage Trust
Sponsored by The Pacific Shellfish Institute
The vision of the Pacific Shellfish Institute is healthy coastal ecosystems and productive and sustainable shellfish populations along the U.S. West Coast. They accomplish this by fostering sustainable shellfish resources and a healthy marine environment through research and education.
We would like to acknowledge our partners for recognizing that education can instill stewardship and behaviors that will restore and preserve healthy marine resources in the Salish Sea.
Special thanks to The Farmers of the Tideflats for all of your hours volunteered to make the Drayton Harbor Community Oyster Farm a reality. Special thanks to the Whatcom Community Foundation for believing in and funding this effort!
- Bellingham Technical College Fisheries & Aquaculture interns
- Carol Gallaher and the 5th grade teachers, Blaine Elementary School, Blaine School District
- City of Blaine Public Works, Lighthouse Point Water Reclamation Facility
- Drayton Harbor Community Oyster Farm and manager Steve Seymour
- Drayton Harbor Maritime Heritage Society, Plover and Richard Sturgil
- Dr. David W Jamison
- George Kaas, Blaine High School, Blaine School District
- Hirsch Consulting Services
- Legoe Bay Shellfish
- Jackie Goodsir, Drayton Harbor Shellfish Protection Advisory Committee
- Judy Thomas, Terri Cook and Buffy Lapoff, Beach Elementary School, Ferndale School District
- Lummi Island Foundation for Education
- Port of Bellingham, Blaine Harbor, Harbormaster, Andy Peterson
- Stefan Freelan, Western Washington University, Huxley Environmental College, GIS Specialist
- Taylor Shellfish Farms, Education and Outreach
- Whatcom County Marine Resource Committee
- Whatcom Marine Mammal Stranding Network