Sponsored by The Pacific Shellfish Institute
The vision of the Pacific Shellfish Institute is healthy coastal ecosystems and productive and sustainable shellfish populations along the U.S. West Coast. They accomplish this by fostering sustainable shellfish resources and a healthy marine environment through research and education.
We would like to acknowledge our partners for recognizing that education can instill stewardship and behaviors that will restore and preserve healthy marine resources in the Salish Sea.
Special thanks to The Farmers of the Tideflats for all of your hours volunteered to make the Drayton Harbor Community Oyster Farm a reality. Special thanks to the Whatcom Community Foundation for believing in and funding this effort!
- Bellingham Technical College Aquaculture/Fisheries interns
- Carol Gallaher and the 5th grade teachers, Blaine Elementary School, Blaine School District
- City of Blaine Public Works, Lighthouse Point Water Reclamation Facility
- Drayton Harbor Communit Oyster Farm and manager Steve Seymour
- Drayton Harbor Maritime Heritage Society, Plover and Richard Sturgil
- Dr. David W Jamison
- George Kaas, Blaine High School, Blaine School District
- Hirsch Consulting Services
- Legoe Bay Shellfish
- Jackie Goodsir, Drayton Harbor Shellfish Protection Advisory Committee
- Judy Thomas, Terri Cook and Buffy Lapoff, Beach Elementary School, Ferndale School District
- Lummi Island Foundation for Education
- Port of Bellingham, Blaine Harbor, Harbormaster, Andy Peterson
- Stefan Freelan, Western Washington University, Huxley Environmental College, GIS Specialist
- Taylor Shellfish Farms, Education and Outreach
- Whatcom County Marine Resource Committee